The mission of the Friends of Runnymede Park is to protect, enhance, and preserve the physical, natural, and cultural heritage of this special public parkland in the Town of Herndon, Virginia.
We accomplish this mission through outreach programs that engage our citizens in environmental stewardship year-round, fun activities such as NatureFest on the last Sunday in September and on site work activities such as the annual Stream and Park Cleanup in March.
We produce educational brochures and maps of the park and join with the Town of Herndon’s Community Forester and other Town leadership to further this mission.
The Friends of Runnymede Park is a non profit organization based in Herndon, Virginia.
We assist the town in the stewardship of this 58 acre natural park.
- Highlight the value of the park's diverse wildlife habitats, the functions of ecosystems and environmental interactions.
- Channel donations of money and materials to the park. Act as a sounding board for plans that are proposed, particularly to ensure that low-impact goals are understood and respected.
- Encourage professional societies and natural resource groups to contribute to park objectives.
- Serve as a link to community and neighborhood groups.
- Assist with physical improvements, accessibility, nature interpretation, environmental education, sensitive improvements, and access to scientific and technical resources.
- Support Town of Herndon initiative to provide effective and continuing management of Runnymede Park as a natural park.
- Help the public appreciate the fun, value, and beauty of a well-protected natural park.
Want to know more?
Please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of Runnymede Park
P.O. Box 203
Herndon, VA 20172